Futures/Options Trading Questions
Basically, you can place any buy/sell instructions at anytime, even after trading hours.
The system only accepts order within twenty spreads from the bid/ask prices. The maximum order size is 3000 board lots per order.
No. However, you must have the equivalent amount of HKD in your Trading Account. You have to deposit USD/CNY or call us for a foreign exchange order after the transaction is completed.
|Items||Hong Kong stocks||SSE Securities (Northbound trading)|
|Trading quota||N/A||Subject to Aggregate Quota (RMB 300 Billion) and Daily Quota (RMB 13 Billion)|
|Amend/Cancel order||Allowed||Order amendment is not allowed|
|Stock code||5 digits||6 digits|
|Price Limit||No Limit||General price limit of ±10% based on previous closing price
Special Price Limit: ±5% for ST and *ST stock
|Day-Trade||Allowed||Not Allowed. Shares bought on T day can only be sold on or after T+1 day|
|Trading Fees||Transaction Levy, Trading Fee and Stamp Duty||Handling fee, Securities Management Fee, Tansfer Fee and Stamp Duty|
|Board lot||Set by listed company||Unified at 100 shares per lot|
|Trade before settlement||Allowed||Not allowed|
|Settlment cycles||Both seurities and money are settled on T+2 basis||Securities: settled on T day
Money: settled on T+1 basis
|Odd lot||All odd lot orders can only be traded via “odd lot brokers” and executed at the odd lot market price; the executed price is usually lower than the prevailing board lot market.||Board lot orders and odd lot order and both matched on the same platform on SSE, and subject to the same price. Thus, the final buy orders execution may involve odd lots.|
- After logging in to your online trading account, choose “e-IPO” under “Equity Market”. Then, choose the IPO Code, and select the number of subscribed shares and other necessary information.
- You can apply IPO financing under “e-IPO”.
- You can find the determined offer price, allotment results and the basis of allocation for Main Board companies in newspaper announcement and on the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) website on the date as specified in the prospectus. GEM companies will publish announcements on the GEM website and some may also publish advertisements in certain local newspapers though it is not mandatory.
- You will receive our allotment result confirmation via email. Allotted shares will be directly lodged in your online trading account under “Portfolio”.
- You can select “e-Statement Subscription” under “Account Management” after login into your online trading account. Then, you can request to send your daily/monthly statement by e-mail.
- You may complete a “Notification for Change of Account Information and Service” and send it to us by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax (852) 3101 9200
- You can select “Change Personal Info” under “Account Management” of your online trading account.
- You may complete a “Notification for Change of Account Information and Service” and send it to us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax (852) 3101 9200.
- You can select “Realtime Quote Service” under “Account Management” of your online trading account.
- You may complete a “Realtime Quote Service Application Form” and send it to us by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax (852) 3101 9200.
Futures/Options Trading Questions
Yes. Your securities account and futures/stock options accounts are handled separately. You need to read through the Trading Agreement, complete and sign the Client Information Statement to open a new account.
The order will stay valid until the end of the trading hours of the trading day, unless a cancellation instruction is received during the trading hours.
Once the net asset value is below maintenance margin level, then you will be requested to deposit additional cash to settle the insufficient differences. If you do not deposit additional cash within the requested period, your portfolio can be partially or totally liquidated without any prior notice.
No. However, you must have the equivalent amount of HKD in your Trading Account. You have to deposit USD or call us for a foreign exchange order after the transaction is completed.